Day 195: Wearing Yellow the Last Week of the Tour

Provencal Apricot Ice-cream with caramelised almonds lost its podium place to today's Tutu Week announcent title. I'm wearing my new tutu all week. As much as I possibly can. Words are courtesy of Sunday Social. Have a great last week of the tour!

Q: What is your all-time favorite song?
A: I'm all about the words (in fact music without words is [scandalous] boring!), so three (can't do only one) of my favourites are 'Find My Love' by Fairground Attraction, 'Me and Bobby McGee' by Janis Joplin and 'A Little Time' by The Beautiful South. They are poerty to music.

Q: Who is your favorite singer/band?
A: This would be an easier question to answer if I was born in another era. I was meant to swing, to smooze, to snap and to wear more steel boned underwear and fuller skirts. I was meant for the original brat pack. Except without the lack of feminism. Mmmm, contradictory. But to the point, Deano, Robbie doing swing, Buble. It's one of my favourite genres.

Q: What song reminds you of your childhood?
A: This is so embarrassing. I'm old. My most childhood-y music memory is lying under our seriously retro record player cabinet and playing my mum and day's Burl Ives and Des and Dawn and Elvis records. I was all about lyric and joy and pink toothbrushes, blue toothbrushes. No-one else in blog land may have any idea, beside Elvis, of what I am talking about. Don't google them, because I'll feel it and die of embarrassment.

List_Addict               Irene

Q: What songs put you in a good mood?
A: It takes the magic of the secret chord, 'the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift' (Cohen, of course). It's an inexplicable combination of that chord and the right lyric that brings a jolting joy to my heart, and a lump based on beauty in my throat. And makes me happy. Random examples: Simon and Garfunkel's 'At the Zoo'; Springsteen's 'I'm on Fire'; Patsy Cline's 'She's got you'.

Q: What is your music to rock out to in your car?
A: Pretty much anything on my i-Pod. But I would probably leave the windows rolled up (if I had a car, not so easy on a bicycle) so that the doof-doof sounded cool and no one knew it was coming from Doris Day.

Q: What is the most embarrassing album or song you own?
A: You can see the pattern. There is nothing post about ninety-four. Everything is slightly embarrassing. And dearly loved.

The Outfit
Dress: Op-shopped
Kimono: Op-shopped
Tutu: ModCloth
Necklace: CCJJSS
Boots: Irregular Choice


Photographer de Jour: V——


Who wore it better?

Linky today with:

Sunday Social








Lena B, Actually


And a special huge thanks for featuring me this week to Shana on Thrifter's Anonymous on her amazing blog Colorblind!!

Thrifters Anonymous

Comments

  1. With that tutu and those shoes you are looking seriously fierce.

    Like a femme super hero that will crush you with sweet dolls on her shoes.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that combination of pink, yellow, black& white polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your style, so bold and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic. The matching of the pink and the yellow of the shoes and the dress was made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funnest outfit EVER!!
    Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion, hope to see you back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is awesome! the polka dots are so fun! and those shoes are killer too! love irregular choice!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts