Day 227: Yes, It Is A Bit 'Street Corner Attire'

The (sort-of) weekly list topic-stimulator for today, thanks to Meet Me At Mikes, is 'Great Things I have Read Lately'. Now that is a topic close to my little book-loving heart, but I will try to be a little divergent and think of some other things I have enjoyed reading too. Here goes.

Magazines: I accused my man of not listening to me. I was having a bad day, but you know how boys are. A couple of days later, though, I realised that although he maybe doesn't always seem to be listening, he does often pay attention. I got a text to say there was a surprise at the door for myself and Lollii. Lollii got a chew. I got Vogue (the September Issue), Harpers Bazaar, Marie Claire and World of Interiors. In other words, all the magazines I had written about here, saying I hadn't bought them for years. It would have cost the poor man a fortune. I am savouring them. And using them for some ideas-to-come for runway inspired outfits (which will be rather odd!).

Copy: Copy is trendy. It's the new funny, the new wit. Every now and again I think it would be fun to be a copy writer, but promptly forget before I do anything concrete towards it. Lots of brands make for good reading now. Read a bottle of vitaminwater (shame it's Coke), or Original Source shower gel, or Jelly Beans footwear. They're like flash fiction.

List_Addict               Irene

Blogs. I spend an inordinate amount of time reading blogs. And a little bit more time after that. Reading wise, quirky wise, intriguing wise, analytically wise and fun wise, the five I visit for words rather than pictures are: Book Riot; unbrave girl; The Everywhereist; ListVerse; and; Shady Characters. Why? In order: all things book, book related or slightly, almost bookish; funniness and cheese and couches and pants; travel with humour and cake; randomness; and; punctuation. If I had to name the ones I like for pictures and words, or just pictures, we would be here for days.

JK Rowling: I started The Cuckoo's Calling last night. I have to say, just a couple of chapters in, I am pleasantly surprised. I have read no hype, no blurbs, no reviews. I wanted no influence. Spoilers! Don't carry on if you don't want to know. Okay. I didn't expect a private dick. I'm excited because I love something about the genre, something fifties and Marlowe-ish with elegant women and rough men and intrigue. Sometimes books try to encourage me to cheat on the pile and love them exclusively. This book gives the impression it will try.


The Outfit
Top: Op-shopped
Skirt: Op-shopped
Over-the-knees Tights: Gifted
Shoes: Irregular Choice (On-gifted, their last appearance here)


Photographer de Jour: V——


Who wore it better?

Putting a link on with:

Suburbs Mama: What We Wore #8


STYLELIXIR Style Sessions


button
Trend: Cobalt

Comments

  1. I really admire the "Book Pile" order of reading.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool socks lady! Stopping by from the Trend Spin Link up!

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts