Day 230: Distracted By Barnaby

Joining up with Sunday Social for the fabulous ease of topic it gives me every week. But taking ages to do it because I'm distracted by Midsomer Murders.

Q: What is something you've always wanted to do but are afraid of?

A: Send a meal back. I'm happy to jump out of a plane, crawl on my hands and knees onto a glass platform with nothing between it and the bottom of the Grand Canyon fifteen hundred feet below or eat dinner alone in a restaurant. But I hate to complain about a meal. Yes, if there is glass in it or if it is off. But if it just isn't what I ordered or not so nice or cold, then no. Like my sister says, I just let them know with my feet. My feet don't pass their way again. Sometimes I wish I had the courage for the little arguments. They're the ones I find the hardest.


Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?

A: Oh, this one is easy. I'll be in my office chair in the study, probably wrapped in a blanket because it's cold and the heater does quite make it that far, with mouse-induced RSI, typing the last bit of my PhD thesis, but not really sure I chose the right subject. After that I'll do that day's blog post and start sewing my patches on my jacket for my professorial career-to-follow.


Q: What are you looking forward to before the end of 2013?

A: Our American holiday. I have let all my expectations be raised through reading amazing blogs and have even been dreaming about all the amazing things I will be picking up in thrift stores in Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Now I just hope there are thrift stores in Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico because I have boxes to fill and send home by the end of 2013.


List_Addict               Irene

Q: What are your hopes for your blog?

A: On a daily basis I just hope for something to say that isn't ridiculous or repetitive. On a long term basis I hope for staying power and evolvement. There are some really nice vibes I get from a few people in the community too. I'd like to say I'd like to also meet them one day but I would be terrified that I would have nothing to say and seem like an idiot, so I won't say that out loud.


Q: Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city?

A: Well seeing as I can't seem to get that UK passport, or the million or so pounds I need to 'Grand Design' my perfect English country retreat, yes, probably. As far as having to live somewhere in Australia, I like Melbourne best. Best coffee, best food, best graffiti, best beaches, best weather except for when it's hot. So maybe I'll move about in it, but I think it will always be home.


Q: What is your morning routine?

A: Work morning? Hit the snooze button on the alarm. Hit it again. And again. Hit the snooze button on the phone. Hit the snooze button on the alarm again. Hit the off button on the alarm on the phone. Sit up. Turn off the alarm clock. It all goes pretty much downhill from there. Get ready. Get to work. Start work. Get coffee. Get breakfast. Pray for the day to end. Home morning? Get up when I wake up, and after I have snoozed. That's what a snooze button is supposed to provide but doesn't. Breakfast and good coffee on the couch while reading. That is how mornings are supposed to start.



The Outfit
Top: Op-shopped, vintage
Skirt: Op-shopped
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Tutti Frutti'


Photographer de Jour: V——


Who wore it better?

Making friends today with:

Sunday Social


Join us! Click the Spotlight


Comments

  1. I love your description of a work morning - so much hitting the snooze button : > thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping back over here at mine. You must have to visit lots and lots of blogs. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I've been reading for quite a while, never commented before though. I enjoy your blog and don't find it at all ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much both for reading and for your kind comments today!

      Delete
  3. What is it with all forms of Alarm Clocks and associated devices?
    They all make an annoying noises and disturb ones restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got it right brother! Alarm clocks are evil.

      Delete
  4. I finally found the right place to right back to you! I feel bad because you have been commenting on my blog often. You are a fun writer and look great in your summer time outfit. Plus the shoes are super. I'm sure you will find some good thrift stores here in the US.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hope so. And thanks for coming over. And no need to feel bad - I just enjoy your blog and have no expectations that people have to come back to me if I go to them. You are, however, always welcome :)

      Delete
  5. Everyone knows that to complain about a meal is to dice with death, The Lord only knows what they will do to it, so you shouldn't feel bad about not complaining.

    Went past your house tonight driving home from luxurious Creswick (never heard of it? Don't worry neither has anyone else). If it is any consolation for all the trouble you are going through, that monstrosity next door is damn ugly and should increase the value of your house because it looks lovely in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing when I wrote about this yesterday but forgot to elaborate. Isn't Creswick in Sydney? But thanks so much, it does put a different perspective on looking at the two houses together.

      Delete
    2. The Creswick I was at was halfway between Ballarat and Daylesford. The hotel was nice enough just a little bland and in the middle of nowhere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts