Day 279: Entertainment and Wishes

I have brain-freeze from a three hours/three hours/ten hours-during-the-day sleeping pattern over the last three days twenty-four hour periods (that ole chestnut, again) and so even though it is not Sunday, I am getting in early and loosening the clenched up brain cells by cheating on topic ideas with Sunday Social. Their link actually goes up tommorrow so be sure to check back and see what everyone else had to say when Sunday eventually does roll around.

Q: What is currently on your wish list?

A: I need nothing. Nothing. So let's talk about want. I want to be able to find some amazing thrifted pieces on my upcoming (eight sleeps) trip to the States. Luck and fate will have a lot to do with it, but I would be very happy to find some, or all, of the following as well: a chambray shirt, a real bomber jacket (just got one that I had different ideas about when I bought it from SheInside—it's really just a fleece jacket), belts, a vintage leather jacket, more tutus, sumptuous fifties dresses being sold as halloween costumes for five dollars a pop, a Vegas showgirl outfit, cowboy boots. Not a bad list—I'll be sure to let you know if anything gets ticked off.


Q: Share a new iPhone, droid, iPad app that you have recently discovered that we all need.

A: Am I sounding like a broken record, but the only app I am interested in getting my grubby swipping finger on at the moment is Oyster. Like Candy Crush Saga, the addictive nature of it comes from denial. Your five lives are up? Well, you can just wait two and a half hours and you'll have five more—go do something. You don't have an American based credit-card or live there? Well you can just compulsively come back to our FAQ's every thirteen or so hours to see if that may have changed without announcement. Won't do you any good though. *evil laugh* Not heard of it? Netflix for books. Borrow unlimited books up to ten at a time on your iPad, and new books added all the time. All for $9.95 a month. I'll just go check if the rules changed yet ... no. *sad face* Ooh, but my Candy Crush Saga renewed lives tone just sounded!

List_Addict               Irene

Q: What is a new fall tv show that you have added to your dvr?

A: What is a dvr anyway? Googled it, got it. Got the concept, not the dvr. I have added The Blacklist to my watching schedule, which, without a dvr is erratic, and so I have only seen a couple of episodes. I talk about that more soon. I had also added Sleepy Hollow, but it has disappeared off the face of free-TV for some reason, so that is also at a stalemate. I am going to read everyone else's answers to this to see what else I should be watching because there doesn't seem to be anything exciting and worthy being 'fast-tracked' over to us at the moment. Elementary is back, but again my schedule completely bypasses it currently. Hanging for new Sherlock and for Hannibal to come back as well.


Q: Share your social media links so we can follow you. (Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, etc) Tell us which is your favorite and why.

A:
Favourite? Mmm. Difficult. I'm a terrible Twitterererrer, Twit? It's a shame because in a way I think that if you can't do something in a hundred and forty characters, what hope is there for anything bigger? I love the idea of Instagram. Who doesn't love an image. But the favourite, for pure drool factor would have to be Pinterest. I've started a new board recently for ideas for fantasy houses in the hills. Who wants to do something useful when you could look at an infinite number of pictures of architectural detail instead.


Q: What is a tv show, movie, or song that you could watch or listen to over and over and never get tired of?

A: This is embarrassing. Okay. The American President. With Michael Douglas and Annette Bening. I can pretty much recite a large number of the monologues. I can't put a finger on what it is I like about it. It's cheesy, it's sweet, it's punchy and comedic. It's starting to get a bit dated but I will still get out my (newly acquired) dvd every now and again and indulge.


The Outfit
Clearing the Closet: It’s time to go a-line skirt with a pattern I love, but a fit that doesn't sit right
Dress: Gifted
Jacket: Op-shopped
Skirt (eliminated): Op-shopped
Necklace: Lovisa
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Fresh Cut Grass'


Photographer de Jour: Moi


Who wore it better?

Getting linky today with:



I Feel Pretty


Sunday Social

Comments

  1. That dress with the zip in the front is all kinds of fabulous! ; ) And the shoes aren't far behind.

    I'm getting so excited for your trip to the US. Were are you going? I hope the thrifting fairies will be good to you.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket and the shoes. Good luck with your thrifting adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog!
    Now following!
    Looking forward to keeping up!!

    xo
    Christina
    Christinawhoblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts